Connect your staff with corporate social networking
Our corporate social networking application is a core part of our social intranet software, and empowers staff to share ideas, add comments, and actively engage with their coworkers. Our collaborative solution allows multiple users to share information and easily communicate within a single integrated digital workplace.Try our software
Adopting social intranet software into your business
Many organisations prefer to adopt a phased approach when implementing social features on their intranet. Claromentis fully supports this – our social application can be added at a later date, or removed completely – offering complete flexibility to suit your business requirements. Our robust permission system also allows organisations to pilot the app to a particular group of users to establish its benefits, before rolling it out to the rest of the company.
Team activity channels
Create and manage multiple channels using our permissions system. Intranet administrators can set up appropriate channels based on their organisation’s departmental structure or project teams, to ensure that relevant information is targeted to the appropriate employees.
Personalised activity feeds on your intranet homepage
Our corporate social networking application can be embedded onto your homepage via a widget, allowing staff to see updates and posts in real time. The widget can be configured to show posts from a certain channel, pushing only the relevant information to the team members who need it. Multiple feeds can also be added to the homepage for those who need to keep track of various team posts.
Add comments and 'like' posts
Staff can post comments into any channel they have permissions to access, as well as “like”/”unlike” posts Facebook-style. This encourages a culture of collaboration, where staff are free to share ideas and endorse those made by others. Moderators can also be assigned to manage posts and maintain accountability.
Easily share documents, files, and links
Intranet users can easily engage in conversations and request feedback from others by sharing links to internal documents or external sources. Teams can also collaborate and share knowledge by uploading documents, files, and images directly into the activity stream.
Follow and tag employees
Employees can tag fellow coworkers in posts, helping to reduce the number of internal emails being sent. Tagged colleagues will receive an automatic notification, making it easier for employees to gain answers and start discussions with their coworkers. Intranet users can also follow each other so that key updates are automatically pushed to their activity feed.
Benefits of using social functionality on your intranet
- Reduces administration costs and resources by allowing users to publish and share information with just a few clicks
- Cuts down on the amount of internal emails sent
- Urgent information such as project deadlines, events, and announcements can be shared to the masses
- Staff are regularly kept up to date on a number of important topics and issues
- Administrators can create a community extranet software portal to promote collaboration with their external stakeholders
- Intranet activity feeds can be created by department, providing focussed discussion areas for teams
- Ideas and suggestions can be promoted to all when posted on an activity feed
- Each intranet user has their own online identity, encouraging accountability and responsibility for their content
- Intranet documents and links can be easily uploaded to guide employees to important content